For the past two years we have focused a dedicated team of professionals to establish the foundation for a viable Coastwise Container Feeder Network that would serve as a 'safety valve' to help relieve volume pressure building at our nation's primary gateway ports.
With expertise rooted in our core business, Horizon Lines Coastwise Shipping will create a win-win for the U.S. intermodal transportation system by:
- Reducing truck and trailer traffic moving on over-stressed highway and rail systems
- Reducing the volume of hazardous materials traveling through some of our most densely populated corridors
- Supporting our Horizon Green Initiative to measure and reduce transportation's environmental footprint utilizing a fuel-efficient marine mode of transport
- Helping to expand job opportunities for maritime labor
Possible Service Routes include
- Northeast – Houston – Northeast in a 14 Day Proforma
- Miami – Northeast – Miami in a 7 Day Proforma
At Horizon, we are identifying the best market opportunities and evaluating assets to meet the needs of potential customers. Our management team is partnering with maritime labor to create an efficient and economical operations model for port locations.
For more information on Coastwise Shipping, please contact Tolga Cankurtaran at Horizon Lines. firstname.lastname@example.org.